Monday 19 December 2011

Hospitalised

Breakfast. Oh, and my contact lenses!
Another blood test this morning. I was so nervous throughout the night I didn't sleep. I then tried downing almost 2 litres before 8.30am so I could be sure my tests wouldn't show me as dehydrated but I'm not sure I succeeded. I can't beat it. I drink 1 litre and I pee 1.5l. What to do?!

Verdict: Creatinine at 190. Down 5 points. "Stable", the doctor said, so they could either put me in hospital for 3 days before Christmas or 3 days afterwards. I went for the former. My whole family's here, but at least I'll get out before Xmas eve and can get into Christmas mood instead of worrying about it the whole way through. Passing the port will be my Xmas moto. Pass it....on to the next person. Pass that.....to someone else.

They think it's either dehydration or perhaps the kidney is dilated/enlarged as a result of the infection. If it's not that, they don't know what the problem is. My potassium is really low still (3.2 and has been that for 3 weeks). They don't understand that either.

SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER PLEASE.

Most importantly, please don't let me ruin Christmas. I couldn't bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment