Friday 23 December 2011

Out of body Antibody

I got out of hospital for Christmas but without any answers.

The docs had forgotten I was on Aspirin so couldn't do the biopsy until next week in case of bleeding.

I asked for a blood transfusion to put some more red blood cells into me (as that's the answer the UK use when they make the same mistake), but they weren't having any of it here in France. I have to wait a full week (it's 3 days in England...) to let the aspirin get out of my system and have this biopsy before knowing for sure what's wrong with me.

My consultant said it was either:
1. One of the two types of rejection - cellular or antibody - (but I thought it was really rare to build up an antibody against your dad?), or
2. a viral infection (takes 10 days to test for that...), or
3. nothing at all and my kidney's just recovering from being infected last month.

If it's the virus, I'm to reduce my Cellcept which lets viruses take hold. I know that because I've had a few skin growths due to those lovely pills already (Another of the 'side effects' no one told me about at the start. You suddenly find yourself visiting dermatologists with nitrogen oxide being blasted at you because of a kidney problem. It's a slight mental leap).
If it's rejection, I down a kilo of steroids and lie shaking on a bed until they wear off

If it's nothing at all, I hope and pray it's not permanent scarring, but is just a bit of inflammation.

And, in case you thought you understood all of that, if they reduce the Cellcept then there's a chance of rejection creeping back.

Round and round the circle like a teddy bear....


Feeling dizzy? So am I

No comments:

Post a Comment