Thursday 8 March 2012

MASSIVE ORGAN DONATION DEVELOPMENT

This article sent to me by my mother in law shows that they are making amazing advances in organ donation. If you put in stem cells of your organ donor with their donated kidney, then the recipient can wean themselves off immuno suppression within the year! At least 5/8 managed to do that in the first trial that just took place in the US.

Can you imagine!?!? It makes me seriously excited to think about it. I would be just like You hoo hoo again. No face masks, gross infections and cancer risks. No night sweats, and hand alcohol gel, and fear of traveling to developing countries and constant colds and, most importantly, no kidney rejection so likely no more operations. Come on you little doctors in your little blue coats with gloves and big brains and hats on. If this can speed up and happen successfully in time for my next transplant, things could be looking up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment